Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Thinking Socks Rethought

One thing I especially love about knitting is the way that items come to represent memories of what you did whilst making them - they are a slice of your life. The striped strata above are a narrow boat holiday in the sun, evenings snuggled up with The Walking Dead, and weekend in Brighton catching up with old friends.
Whereas below, the geological progression are a few days in tech rehearsals getting to know new colleagues, some hours stood in theme park queues laughing at my niece's impatience, and a handful of stolen minutes on the train looking forward to home.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely socks, lovely blogpost. I'm a little disturbed at how disturbed I am at the lack of symmetry.
    Bookguide

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing odd socks, it's what I do to feel a tiny bit rebellious...
    I'm very impressed at your sock knitting skills too. My plan is to use Winwickmum's excellent free blog tutes to learn how next year. Sock yarn and needles are already on my wishlist for Santa.

    ReplyDelete