Saturday, 8 October 2011

a lot o' duffers...

Every Pottermanic knows what Hogwarts House they would be in. I'm a Ravenclaw girl myself - with hints of Slytherin. I never understood the popularity of Gryffindor.... 'Loyalty and bravery'; ie idiots, jocks and members of the BNP. No thanks. As for Hufflepuff - well, I suspect I wouldn't fit in very well there - they are all too nice. Surrounded by all that squishy lovely-ness, I'd constantly feel guilty about my mile-wide bitchy streak.

I reckon it'd be hard to be a Hufflepuff in a world were even Hagrid thinks you're a bit shit.. they are terminally undervalued. So this funky grown-up take on the House Scarf (knitted from black ribbon yarn) trend included a little badgers paw to remind the 'puff wearer that she can have claws too when needs be ;)

Whatever your house, remember - Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus...
Noods

2 comments:

  1. Don't be tickling any damn dragons. Also in Ravenclaw, btw. Love the yellow buttons, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at exactly, though it is a neat photo. Do you have any more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a plain black scarf, knitted in a ribbon yarn so it's kinda like this:
    http://www.woolcabin.co.uk/img/shop/rico/cancan/cancanscarf.jpg
    (Not the brand of wool I used but same thing really). I couldn't get any decent pics of the whole thing, my camera was having a bit of a special moment :(
    the buttons/paw print are just on the ends - so it's grown up but still fun, and the HPness is obvious to other fans but not to muggles :)

    ReplyDelete