Saturday, 27 August 2011

Showered in Elephant Snot

Elephants are totally the best animal. fact.
I got covered by water from inside one whilst in Goa last year*, and so commemorated that with a spot of reverse applique on the front of the photo album I made. 
Actually, most of the photos are of the elephants as well. Boy and I both hate having pictures taken. I don't know what his objection is, if I were that attractive I'd be more than happy to show it off. Unfortunately when I smile I look like a chipmunk - all fat cheeks and english teeth. I'm pretty certain (or falsely optimistic) that I don't look like that in everyday life, but there's something about a camera lens that really brings out the rodent in me.
Oh well. Photos of elephants it is then.
 The album is made from two layers of sari fabric and one of gold silk, with gold embroidery thread and parchment paper. It was a pretty simple make really, my first attempt at book binding, and I'm quite pleased with the results.
Noods x


                  * yes, really. See;


No comments:

Post a Comment