Thursday, 7 July 2011

Sunshine On A Rainy Day

I am incredibly lazy when it comes to basic repairs and alterations - for example, it has taken me over 2 years to bother sewing back on a missing button from my favourite sweater. This problem is not assisted by my insistence on buying clothes that don't  fit properly (ie. all high street clothes - always either too small on the boobs or too big on the waist. Which irks me because I have a pretty averagely proportioned figure - hips and a bum like most girls. Just nothing like most fashion models) with the intention of altering them. I should just admit that I will never get around to fixing them.
Going through the stack of ill-fitted purchases, I came across a dress in an awesome print that I've been meaning to deal with for ohh... about 5 years. I brought it while I was still at university, for fucks sake. But, well, I will never have the patience to deal with all the pin tucks on the bodice and I finally admitted that. So I've bastardised it into a new sunglasses case - a quick 5 minute make; 2 seams, a hem, a bit of ribbon for the drawstring and a button to finish the whole thing off. Satisfaction (and loads of left over fabirc to make other cool shiz with) . Another plus side is that now my new sunnies won't get as scratched as all my old ones when I leave them in my handbag. Hurrah.
Largely irrelevant as, this being England and it being July, it's pissing it down with rain. But Heigh-Ho, if the sun ever does come out I'll be fully prepared. In the meantime, I really need to get my arse in gear and repair my umbrella, 'cause right now I'm very wet.
Soggily yours, 
Nx

No comments:

Post a Comment