Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

<---- This is Alan. 
As you can see, Alan has long hair.
What you cannot see is that Alan also has a small but growing bald patch.
Oh dear.
Clearly an intervention is needed.

This is Alan. ---->
as you can see, Alan has short hair.

Alan did not want to just throw his hair away, so he put it in a zip-lock bag and gave it to me. Of course.

  --- --- --- --- --- --- ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---


I made a pile of these little trinket thingummies - essentially a lock of hair, tied up with ribbon, bottled and labelled. The long corked vials are from etsy, but I ran out of those pretty quickly and was so turned to the little jars instead (Which I was forced, practically at gun point, to procure by eating lots of cream teas in cafes and stealing the jars the jam comes in).
These have proved quite popular, they seem to make people laugh, so I've been selling them to raise money for The Little Princess Trust - a charity which provides wigs for children undergoing chemotherapy. I'm still waiting on one payment, but I'm hoping to hit £100.  That will make the grossness of dealing with a bag of hair just about worth while

No comments:

Post a Comment