Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Old, New, Borrowed n' Blue...

All my friends seem to be getting married, or having children, or buying houses. This is terrifying, given my complete refusal to grow up enough to even think about these things. Currently I have the excuse of working in theatre and being paid peanuts, so I can't afford to grow up... but someday I'm gonna have to face the fact that I'm a proper adult now. I mean, I turn 25 this year - that's officially mid-twenties, which is officially not early-twenties which officially means I can't pretend to be a teenager any more. I'm old. Old people do stuff, they make important life choices and plan for the future.
To be fair, Boy & I did just book a holiday together (Goa, in the beginning of November, if you're interested) - my first proper holiday with a partner... so I am getting there, albeit in teeny tiny baby steps.
Anyway... I'm waffling
All this talk of scary grown-up-ness stems from the fact that one of my buddies from the USA is getting hitched in a couple of weeks - unfortunately the Atlantic Ocean prevents me from attending, but I have sent a couple of sock rabbits as representatives. I'm quite pleased with how they came out, although the pictures don't do them justice. A little touch (suggested by Shiv, my cross-stitchin' partner in craft) I added was to include something borrowed, something blue, something old & something new on the bride doll (The Swarovski beads were 'borrowed' from the props store, her flowers are blue, the lace of her veil is from a vintage dress and the socks used to make her were new). I hope the beautiful bride is pleased with both her bunnies and her new Husband
I'm off to plaster myself in anti-aging cream - but in the mean time I will leave you with these - lyrics from The Last Five Years, one of my favourite musicals, and absolutely my kind of (slightly commitment-phobic) love poem:

Will you share your life with me for the next ten minutes?
For the next ten minutes, we can handle that
We could watch the waves, we could watch the sky
Or just sit and wait as the time ticks by
And if we make it till then
Can I ask you again for another ten?

And if you in turn agree to the next ten minutes

And the next ten minutes till the morning comes
Then just holding you
Might compel me to
Ask you for more



Awww...
Nxx

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these!
    Ugh- If I could make liitle sock creatures the way you do, I'd line the walls with them. My place would be so awesome and creepy.

    ReplyDelete