Well... the final scores from our big online game of Bookcrossing Monopoly are in... My team 'Theemutsen' has come in second place. So near, and yet so far...
Still, we had a great time, and got more 'bonus ballys' (extra points awarded for originality) than any other team, so we were clearly doing something right!
A few highlights...
- Leaving a copy of Harry Potter on platform 9 3/4 (which got picked up and taken to Texas)
- Being told off for taking photos in Asda (it's apparently illegal. Wha?)
- One of my team-mates books being caught, re-released and caught again, all in one day
- Watching 3 (3!!) members of security trying to asses how dangerous the 'Free book' I left at The Transport Museum was (I'm clearly quite the bookcrossing trouble-maker...)
- Hearing back from a book which I left in London that somehow swam to New Zealand in a month!
- Being completely out-done by a dutch bookcrosser in the fashion stakes: I wore thematic shoes for my release, she wore thematic lingerie for hers
- One of my team-mates leaving a book on top of a GIANT sculpture, with a sign hanging off saying to Pull (then duck) for a free book
And of course getting to know my teammates, Talamasca & LenaLena... two great Dutch bookcrossers almost as obsessed with tea as I am. It sucks that I can't make it to the Amsterdam convention to raise a teapot with them (bloody work).
And I'm not at all bitter about coming 2nd.